The evil of democracy

Columbia Conservative Examiner: Democracy = Majority Rule = Tyranny

Suppose that the entirety of our society, from top to bottom, from the federal government to local government, was run according to ‘majority rule,’ which is commonly known as ‘democracy.’

I can state unequivocally that such a move would be the single largest disaster to be perpetrated on the human race since the Holocaust.

And he is absolutely correct.  In numerous discussions with hive-minded collectivists who think we live in, or should live in, a pure democracy, there are easy points to be made that will have them shutting up fairly quickly.  But I think my favorite is this:  In a pure democracy, 51% of the people can vote to exterminate the other 49%.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: